Every second Sunday of May, the world celebrates motherhood. Mother’s Day honors the hard work, love, and the role of a mother in their family and to society. Every day, mothers tend to their children while maintaining the family house. Simple said, they are the modern-day superheroes and you would want to make them feel extra special on their day. They deserve nothing but the best and you could express your love and gratitude by sending them flowers. TO help you pick the best choice, recommended by florists, here are 10 of the sweetest and loveliest flower to give to your mother.
Traditional Mother’s Day Flowers
There are mothers who love receiving classic, timeless, and easy-going gifts. If you are planning to give a traditional Mother’s Day flower, here are some of your best choices:
- Carnations – Carnations are perhaps the most popular flower given to mothers on their special day and is often considered by some as the official flower of Mother’s Day. Anna Jarvis, the “founder” of Mother’s Day gave out 500 carnations on the first official service and since then, it has become a flower that honors your mothers. Different colors of carnations symbolize love, admiration, and deep love.
- Roses – Roses are the most common flower given not only on Mother’s Day but also any other special holidays and events. There are so many varieties of roses that will surely be appreciated by your mom. They also are believed to symbolize love, appreciation, and gratitude. Certainly, if you are also in a last-minute shopping spree, roses are definitely the best go-to Mother’s Day flower gift.
- Tulips – Tulips are admired by many mothers because of its refreshing and bright appearance. Although tulips come in a variety of colors, they represent comfort and happiness. Tulips are a common flower so it would certainly be easy to find one in a floral shop.
- Lilies – Perhaps another favorite, lilies are very simple flowers and you would not need to spend some bucks for any extra designs for it to look beautiful. Lilies, the white ones, in particular, represent majesty. Other variations of lilies also symbolize fertility and motherhood. Like other traditional flowers, lilies are also abundant and easy to find.
- Orchids – Orchids are perfect if you want flowers that last long. Orchids can last up to two to three months and are the perfect symbolism for a mother’s long hard work and everlasting love. Orchids are also typical flowers and they come in many varieties.
Modern Mothers of Today
On the other hand, there are mothers who like to blend with today’s contemporaries. Modern mothers like something new and trendy. If you are looking for a unique and edgy flower to give your mother, listed below are your best options:
- Gerber Daisies – Gerber Daisies are slowly becoming a favorite among mothers. The neon-bright color of Gerber Daisies is a hit among modern day mothers. This variety of daisy represents love, admiration, and gratitude. The flower can be given on their own if you want it simpler or in a bundle if you want it to look grander.
- Calla Lily – Calla Lilies are perfect for modern moms who want to take a little time off their busy schedules to take care of plants. When properly taken care of, Calla Lilies can last up two weeks or longer. Calla Lilies are charming blooms and they are known to symbolize beauty, faith, and holiness.
- Gardenia – Gardenia’s are very minimalist flowers. Although they are simply looking, Gardenias have very elegant white flowers and to add to that, it also has a lovely fragrance. However, if you want to add some design to it, you could always place it inside a pot and attach some flower fillers with it.
- Chrysanthemum – You can’t spell Chrysanthemum without the “mum”. These flowers not only come in a variety of colors but they come in different shapes and sizes. You can pick the pompom looking types, the spider-like types, the daisy chrysanthemums, or button chrysanthemums. They are very fun to play with and they are also abundant during the month of May. This flower can last even up to two weeks long so it surely is a great deal. In addition, Chrysanthemums can symbolize long life, good luck, and deep love.
- Alstroemeria – This flower is unique with its twists and upside down leaves. Their bright colorful flowers come in shades of pink, orange, purple, and yellow. They also have an inner marking which is like sesame seeds and a yellow backdrop. The Alstroemeria is a perfect flower to send a message of good fortune and honor.
Flowers are a perfect way to send a message of gratitude to your mothers. They have toiled every day to take care of you and bring you comfort and happiness. That is why it is very important to at least make the most out of this one special day for her. At least, even if it is just one day, your mother would feel like she is appreciated and that you are really thankful for all the things she has done. Flowers are simply one of the best gifts you could give to her. Not only do they send a message of gratitude but as they are placed inside her home, she will be reminded that she is a strong and wonderful woman. Surely, your mother would appreciate your thoughtfulness and effort to prepare something special for her.