A Webinar can drives conversions for your business if you focus on a different segment, tap a partner, design an engaging session and measure the experience for the audience. Compared to 2016, the number of events has increased 7%, and the number of attendees has increased 16%. In other words: webinars are on the rise. There are a lot of things to keep in kind when you think about to create a webinar for your business, event, product, education etc.
Purpose of the Webinars:
Almost 2/3 of webinars hosted by our customers are education-related.
- 40%: products training, how to webinars, business knowledge sharing, peer-level web meetings and staff training.
- 15%: online education, educational courses, lessons and lectures and e-learning.
- 10%: life coaching, self-development, and web seminars.
Webinars are the most popular in Canada, UK, USA, Germany, Austria, Singapore, Ireland, Netherlands, New Zealand and Australia. Compared to 2016, webinars are on the rise in Australia, The Netherlands, UK, Germany, Singapore and New Zealand.
Of those who registered, 45% actually attended the webinar. The rest signed up to get the recording or were too busy to join but are still interested leads you can nurture!
30% of attendees joined from smartphone devices. So make sure your platform offers an up-to-date, user-friendly mobile app!
Length of a Webinar
The average webinar lasts 63 mints: 30-40 mints to get your message across and an additional 15-20 minutes for a Q&A period at the last to assist your attendees stay tuned.
To boost engagement and action during your webinars, plan fun polls, questions and surveys to spice things up. The most commonly used webinar features in 2017 were: Group Chat, Polls and Q&A.
Webinars in B2B Sale & Marketing
More and more B2B buyers prefer webinars over other sales and marketing channels:
- 41% of B2B buyers prefer interactive/visual content they can access on demand.
- 35% of B2B buyers prefer audio/video content they can access on demand.
- 76% of B2B buyers have used webinars during the past 12 months to research B2B purchasing decisions.
Webinars Predictions for 2018
The number of hours spent watching YouTube Videos is up 60% year-over-year, and every minute, 300 hours of videos are uploaded to YouTube.
Webinars will continue to grow in importance and will be commonly used for:
- Customer experience – Providing educational content, including “How to…” Video.
- Content Marketing – creating valuable video content that can be repurposed and shared easily.
- Authentic Marketing – showing the brand’s personality, with all its strengths and flows to gain a competitive advantage.
Built your webinars following above tips and convert your conversions to sale. You can also watch this infographic to improve your webinars and conversion rate.