The Statue of Unity is the world’s latest statue at the moment and dedicated to Indian independence movement leader Vallabhbhai Patel. The Statue of Unity is located on the Narmada Dam, 3.2 km away on the river called Sadhu Bet near Rajpipla in Gujarat, India. The construction work was started on 31 October 2013. This statue is designed by Ram V. Sutar and the architect Joseph Menna Structured this statue on time. The Indian company Larsen & Toubro (L&T) won the bid for the Statue of Unity design, construction, and maintenance. PM Narendra Modi Unveils Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel’s Statue on his 143rd birth anniversary on 31 October 2018.
The Interesting Facts of Statue of Unity
- It’s Height 182 Meters
- 33 months built time
- This statue can face 6.5 earthquakes easily
- The cost to build this statue Rs 2,989 Crore
- Statue of Unity is double in height than Statue of Liberty
- A lift is also added in the statue and a big window in the chest for sightseeing
- Visible from a radius of 7km
- Construction material used: 75,000 cubic metres of concrete, 18,500 tonnes of reinforced steel rods, 5,700 tonnes of steel structure, 22,500 tonnes of bronze sheets.
World’s tallest Statue is an epitome of unity in diversity – social, cultural, and geographical. An embodiment of indomitable determination and national integration.
World Largest Statue List