Several factors determine the health of your teeth. Crooked or crowded teeth can make anyone uncomfortable with their functionality and affect their overall facial appearance. Crooked teeth can also cause issues affecting your bite, making it difficult to chew your food correctly. However, you can find solutions to your problems.
What Causes Crooked Teeth?
- Repetitive Actions: Thumb sucking and tongue thrusting are habits that can lead to crooked teeth. When a baby sucks on their thumb or a pacifier constantly, their teeth might be pushed out of their natural position. As a result, they become misaligned.
- Genetics: Crooked teeth are influenced by genetics. A child can inherit crooked teeth if one or both parents have them.
- Injury: If someone has had a facial trauma or injury, especially one that affects the jaw, it might result in missing teeth. There is a possibility that your jaw will shift from its natural position if you suffer facial trauma. As a result, the teeth may become crooked.
- Misaligned Teeth: Malocclusion is the term used for misaligned teeth. This condition occurs when the lower jaw is larger than the upper jaw. It leads to problems like overbite and underbite.
What Are The Problems Caused By The Crooked Teeth?
Crooked teeth may appear to be more of a cosmetic issue. Misaligned teeth can cause an array of issues. Chewing is easier with a properly aligned jaw and teeth. However, difficulties arise when teeth are misaligned, such as trapped food particles, which is a significant cause of cavities.
There are other issues to consider as well.
- Crooked teeth affect dental hygiene and impact some people’s self-esteem. It can impact their quality of life because some people may lose confidence and become socially anxious.
- Crooked teeth can interfere with the capacity to articulate words, resulting in speech complications.
- Since it can become difficult to chew, it can cause digestion-related issues.
- Crooked teeth can lead to jaw pains and headaches. When teeth are misaligned, they put extra tension on the jaw and gums, resulting in jaw strain and headaches.
How To Treat Crooked Teeth?
Dentist offers a suburban feel with a mixed racial population. And interacting with fellow residents is a must to nurture community feeling. The best way to treat crooked teeth is to book an appointment with a good orthodontist. The orthodontist will help you in aligning your teeth and improving your smile. They might use different methods. Some of them are:
Braces – It’s one of the most popular treatments, particularly for highly crowded teeth. There are different braces, such as metal, ceramic, or Invisalign. Metal braces are the most common ones. They consist of wires and are usually bulky. The ceramic braces are white, so they can appear invisible. Invisalign is a small transparent plastic tray that slowly shifts the teeth.
Retainers – Retainers are available in two styles – detachable and fixed. They are substantially less expensive than braces and need fewer dental visits.
Crown – Teeth are restructured with this procedure. The top part is fitted with a metal or porcelain crown.
Matthews is one of North Carolina’s fastest-growing cities. It has been able to keep up with its population growth and expanding infrastructure. Numerous coffee shops, restaurants, clinics, and other businesses are booming in this area. If you are moving to Charlotte, Matthews is a great place to live. Matthews has a lot to offer, including some of the greatest orthodontists in the city. So, if you have a dental problem, consult an orthodontist Matthews NC.
If you have crooked teeth, visiting an orthodontist is a must. Teeth alignment will not only improve the appearance of your smile, but it will also help you maintain good dental and overall health.