Immigrate to US Truck Driver

How Can You Immigrate to the US as a Truck Driver?

Posted on |Career|, | 2
Immigrate to US Truck Driver

To begin truck driving, ensure that you will meet the standards for becoming a truck driver in the United States. You’ll need a heavy vehicle driver’s licence. Many employers will must a commercial driver’s licence (CDL). Which you can get from the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) or learn about from your employer. The CDL taught at several trucking schools in the United States. A truck driver must be at least 18 years old (21 if your work will must you to cross state lines). You must also have prior relevant work experience, as well as a clean driving record.

Second, find an acceptable employment offer from a business with all the required papers such as –

A temporary labour certification for H-2B workers and the successful submission and approval of Form I-129.

You cannot apply for the visa unless you have a job offer and an employer willing to sponsor you. According to the USCIS (U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services), your potential employer must also confirm that the truck driving jobs would be temporary (less than 12 months).

Prove a labour shortage in the United States, and confirm your experience in your industry. The work must also pay at least the going rate for truck drivers in the company’s area. Even some companies pay overtime to the truck drivers. Changes to the laws for H-2B visas made on April 29, 2015, boosting worker rights. Thus, be sure employment proposals contain these new standards.

Requirements for Documentary:

Canadian citizens do not need a passport or a visa to visit the United States for business purposes. Each applicant for entry must, but, prove their citizenship to the examining officer. The inspecting officer may accept an oral declaration or request supporting evidence.  Such as a birth certificate, citizenship certificate, or passport (valid or expired). Furthermore, all tourists should have some photo identification with them.

Mexican citizens visiting the United States for business must have a valid passport and a non-immigrant visa. These conditions can get met in one of two ways:

A: A valid Mexican passport with a valid B-1 or B-2 non-immigrant visa received from a U.S. Consulate. Consulates in Mexico also offer a combined B-1/B-2 visa. Also, a Mexican Border Crossing Card for the same reason.

B: Form DSP-150, “Laser Visa,” a credit-card-style document that serves as both a Border Crossing Card and a B1/B2 visitor’s visa. Then applied for at a Consular of U.S. post in Mexico.

  • Ciudad Juarez
  • Mexico City
  • Hermosillo
  • Matamoros
  • Guadalajara
  • Merida
  • Tijuana
  • Monterrey
  • Nogales
  • Nuevo Laredo
  • Tijuana and Mexicali

Temporary Processing Facilities are all places where you can apply for a Laser Visa. Information about Visa is accessible in Mexico by contacting 01-900-849-3737 or visiting the U.S. Embassy’s website.


America is in desperate need of truck drivers. If you’re a foreign worker looking to work as a truck driver in the United States, an H-2B Visa may be the best option.

Chris Evans Author


    Christos Benhur T. Agregado

    (July 9, 2022 - 5:29 pm)

    i want to be a truck driver is USA.

    please help me to make my dream come true.

    Jameson muguyo

    (September 23, 2022 - 12:12 pm)

    I’m applying as a truck driver. I’m a man aged 39 I have been driving trucks in Zimbabwe. I want to migrate to us as a truck driver pliz may you help me. My phone number is +263772661133

Leave a Reply

Required fields are marked *