Due to the exaggeration of hearing an “electroshock collar,” anyone could even freak out the second time. But, as strange as it might seem, dangerous, and some would say violent, the truth is that not everything is so bad.
A shock collar is a very useful tool to train your dog, depending on its breed and behavior. The difference between certain breeds may be the cause that some pets are more stubborn than some.
The way your pet’s ancestors were raised can determine the level of control you have with them. Although the reasons it is decided to train a dog using a collar vary, not all can be very valid.
There are reasons to train a dog with these mechanisms, which are actually negative and can cause harm. Being some of them the little time that he dedicates to pets so that by not having a master, he ends up behaving as he wants. Can German Shepherd dogs change their coat while using the shock collar?
Main causes of training a dog with a shock collar
To decide to train a dog while wearing a shock collar as a compliment is not something simple. To carry out this type of training, one of the following requirements must meet:
- The breed of the dog is a bit more violent than usual.
- The dog’s ancestors had bad or no breeding.
- The dog will train to perform special activities.
- A simultaneous training will be carried out with several dogs.
These are the main reasons why a decision must make to train a dog with the help of an electroshock collar. The others may or may not be reasonable enough, or an important decision is being made lightly.
Can it be dangerous to train him this way?
Before acquiring a training collar that generates shock impulses that are annoying for the dog, it is necessary to consult it. The veterinarian is the only one who can guarantee if a certain breed of dog will withstand training like that.
Although this type of equipment is generally completely safe, designed to annoy and not damage, many are not trusted. The truth is that using this equipment as a compliment when training dogs is valid if there is the right reason.
These tools are equipped with circuits that use a series of shocks that vary in intensity. So you must also choose the type of collar to be used depending on the dog’s behavior and what he wants it to have.
Benefits of training dogs with this collar
Although people against this type of system do not admit that it is good, best shock collar for german shepherd and other breeds do have positive effects. Above all, because unlike the usual workouts, this type of systems help to achieve quick results such as:
- With this type of collar, it is much easier to control the aggression of certain breeds.
- The shock system gives the dogs the feeling of obeying the master.
- For dogs with special activities such as police or firefighters, control their energy and not waste it.
- When many dogs are trained simultaneously. An entire pack achieves optimal results.
- In case you are in a huge space, such as in parks, this system allows you to control it remotely.
As can be seen, this type of necklaces do have quite positive results, and as it is designed to avoid damage, it is highly recommended. However, before buying one, you should consult your veterinarian and see the conditions in which his pet is.