Mental disorders affect the feelings, thinking, and mood of people. The common types of mental disorders are as follows.
- Depression: Depression is a ordinary and serious health issue that influence the thought process of a person. A Group of conditions occurs in the life of the person that affects the person’s mood.
- Anxiety Disorder: We call anxiety disorder a type of mental condition. The patient gives fear and dread response to a series of situations and events. Some of the physical signs of anxiety include sweating and heart pounding.
- Obsessive – Compulsive Disorder (OCD): The person feels suicidal thoughts while suffering from Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD).
- Bipolar Disorder: The patient who has bipolar disorder faces extreme mood shifts. It includes some episodes of depression in them too.
- Schizophrenia: Some series of hallucinations and disordered thinking happens in the person who has Schizophrenia. It affects their daily functioning and makes them disabled with time.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD): A mental illness that occurs in a person after any traumatic event in their life.
- Borderline Personality Disorder: It is a personality disorder, which causes mood swings, issues in forming stable relationships, and impulsive behavior.
- Antisocial Personality Disorder: The person who has this mental condition tries to disregard the rights of the people around them.
- Personality Disorders: You create an unhealthy and rigid pattern of thinking while suffering from personality disorders.
- Narcissistic Personality Disorder: A mental condition in the people inflates their importance among the people surrounding them.
Mental Disorders Symptoms
- The person is not caring for the things they earlier used to do it.
- The person faces weight gain or loss in the body.
- Take too much or too little sleep in the night.
- Feel a Lack of energy/fatigue.
- Thoughts of death or suicide come to the mind of the person.
- Speak and move slowly then, usually.
- The person develops guilty feelings about the past issues.
What are the causes that led to mental disorders?
The risk factors or the causes that led to the mental disorders are:
- Family history or genetics connection is in the past of the mental disorder.
- Issue of chemical imbalance happens in the brain.
- Some of the stressful incidences had happened in childhood.
- The person faces the issues of poverty and lack of social support.
- Environment issues
- Traumatic incidents had relation in the past of the person.
- Substance abuse happens with the person.
Diagnosis of the Mental Disorders
Some medical tests are conducted on the person to know about the mental disorders that affect that person’s mind.
- The two types of imaging tests conducted include Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) and Positron Emission Tomography (PET) scan test for the brain.
- Some other types of lab tests are urine and blood tests done to check the person’s infection level or other medical conditions.
- Electroencephalogram (EEG)
Connect with the Austin therapists to diagnose the mental disorders in the person. Any person in your surrounding is suffering from the issue of a mental disorder.