- Stained or Discoloured Teeth – If you have stained or discoloured teeth, porcelain veneers could hold the perfect solution. These wafer-thin veneers are carefully fitted onto the front of individual teeth, and with precise shade matching, no one would ever know. You might only have one or two teeth that are discoloured, which is the perfect situation for porcelain veneers, and once the dentist has examined your teeth, he or she can make some recommendations.
- Slightly Crooked Teeth – In some cases, slightly crooked teeth are best corrected using porcelain veneers, and there is a specialist dental clinic that offers affordable porcelain veneers in Brisbane, and they can be contacted through an online search. It is a highly skilled operation to fit porcelain veneers and once fitted, they should last for many years.
- Teeth of Varying Lengths – This can really make a person self-conscious, yet porcelain veneers can transform the look of your teeth, leaving them all of the same length, and such is the quality, no one would ever know you had veneers fitted. In such a case, not every tooth would require veneers fitted, and this is something to discuss with the dentist.
- Slight Gaps Between the Teeth – Many people have slight gaps between their front teeth, and rather than living with it, you can have porcelain veneers fitted that will make your teeth look normal. As to how many veneers you would need, this would depend on the dentist, who would examine you first, then he or she can make a recommendation. The dentist would have some before and after images that highlight the transformation that veneers can offer. With precise shade and colour matching, the veneers will look like your natural teeth in every respect.
- Chipped or Broken Teeth – If, for example, you lost a corner of one of your front teeth, a well-placed porcelain veneer can restore your smile, and even if a tooth is badly cracked, porcelain veneers are sometimes the best solution. While porcelain veneers are not always the best solution, the dentist would know what the best form of treatment is and can advise you accordingly.
Porcelain veneers will last 15-20 years, providing they are looked after, and they are not removeable and for all intents and purposes, they become part of your teeth. Porcelain veneers are stain-resistant and can be brushed and flossed as regular teeth, and as they are fitted with a very string adhesive, they are unlikely to come loose. Porcelain veneers can be damaged, so you are advised to treat them with care, and by having the best quality veneers fitted, they should last for many years.
If you would like to make an initial appointment with a cosmetic dentist, an online search is the best place to start. Once you have located a local clinic, you can make an appointment for an initial examination.