“Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.”– Ibn Battuta
The feeling of soft sand slipping through your toes, beautiful waves washing up and splashing around your feet is absolutely heavenly. It is an extremely relaxing feeling as a nice beach vacation washes away all the stress, troubles and worries of life. Vacations are essential for the body and mind, especially with the strain of our everyday modern lives, work and everything else. It helps us relax, rejuvenate and recharge our draining strengths. If you do not have the time or means to invest in a foreign trip, there are so many destinations for a relaxing beach vacation in US itself that you can visit. Start packing your bags and head of to some of the best beaches of the country!
- Caladesi Island, Clearwater, Florida – Situated along the Gulf Coast, Caladesi Island State Park is accessible only via a boat. This untouched paradise has pristine beaches, lush mangrove forests, stunning nature trails and breathtaking scenic views. It is a beautiful laid-backplace which makes it perfect for a chilled out vacation. You can also enjoy a number of exciting activities such as boating, camping, canoeing, paddling, fishing, picnics, hiking and more. Or you can simply enjoy the beach and go for swimming in its beautiful waters. Caladesi Island State Park boasts of an amazing natural phenomenon of oyster reefs, which can be seen during the low tides. Here you can spot manatees, turtles and huge shoals of fishes.
- Beachwalker Park, Kiawah Island, South Carolina – Situated on the west end of Kiawah, Kiawah Beachwalker Park, is a delightful little vacation destination which offers glorious ocean views as well as an adorable river view. This beautiful beach destination is incredibly well maintained and clean. This pet friendly beach is also great for swimming with constant vigilance by their excellent troop of lifeguards on duty. You can simply get a beach chair and umbrella on rent and enjoy the beautiful sunshine or read your favorite book. It has great facilities for its visitors, which include parking, changing rooms, outdoor showers and bathroom facilities. There are snacks available here as well. It boasts of broad sidewalks, beach accessible wheelchairs and ramps.
- Monterey, California – Situated at the edge of the rugged Monterey Bay, this scenic little coastal city offers sweeping bay views as well as pristine hillsides covered in the greenest pine forests. Two-time recipient of Clean Air Award, these city boats of a vibrant community and hospitality. It has several amazing and calm beaches, which are great for enjoying a relaxed vacation. It has a rich biodiversity of marine life such as sea lions, harbor seals, sea otters, pelicans, dolphins and whales, among others, which makes it a popular destination for scuba diving. It boasts of some of the top yoga retreats in US, offering excellent programs and spas. The Monterey Bay aquarium, one of the largest aquariums of America, is must visit landmark.
- Carmel-By-The-Sea, California – If you want to ditch the city vibes of Monterey, or simply want to go a little off the popular grid, the tiny beach town of Carmel-by-the-Sea is your best bet. It is a charming little place with a with an artsy vibe. Here you can enjoy some of the most amazing wine tasting sessions, enchanting tours of the local art galleries take a stroll around the museums or simply enjoy the sights around. The white sandy beach of Carmel-by-the-Sea is absolutely delightful and well maintained. The Carmel River State Beach is excellent for bird watching.
- The Hamptons, New York – If you are in New York and want to escape for the weekend the Hamptons is where you need to be. Conveniently connected to New York City and the rest of the Long_Island-by-Long_Island Rail Road, Montauk Highway, and a ferry of private bus services, the Hamptons are known for their relaxed and chilled vibes. Made up of a number of hamlets and villages, this area has a number of excellent resorts for a nice family vacation. With a long coastline the beaches of the Hamptons offer a quick escape from the city. You might even spot an occasional celebrity here.
- Captiva Island, Florida – Located offshore in the Gulf of Mexico and north of the popular Sanibel Island, Captiva Island is a secluded and soothing place to be. If you are looking for an absolutely chilled out beach vacation in US, this is the place to be. Retaining its charming rustic vibes you can actually enjoy complete solitude here, undisturbed by the crowds. Enjoy oneness with nature, spend some solo time with your thoughts or cherish a secluded, romantic honeymoon here in this pristine island. While most of the crowd is limited to the popular Sanibel Island, Captiva Island offers serenity and untouched nature.
- Roque Bluffs, Maine – If you are looking forward to escape from the hustle and bustle of the city and its crowds, Roque Bluffs is an adorable beach town to visit. Its cute little pebble beaches, and walking trails are great if you want some solitude and tranquility. Here you can spot some exquisite birds such as waterfowl, plovers and bald eagles. You can engage in kayaking, fishing in its beautiful waters, or spend some time strolling around the orchards and fields, and simply letting go of all stress.
- Hobe Sound, Florida – Hobe Sound is a perfect piece of unspoiled paradise with soft sands and crystal clear sea. Don’t miss out on visiting the Blowing Rocks Preserve, where during the high tide you will be able to witness the spraying up of seawater through the holes in the limestone. It is a spectacular sight to behold. Right along Hobe Sound is Jupiter Island, which you can visit to see the hatching of baby turtles. It is an adorable sight as you get to witness the miracle of life and nature. The Jonathan Dickinson State Park is breathtaking for its rich biodiversity.
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina – Nestled among the magnificent oceanfront maritime forests, Myrtle Beach State Park is an absolutely delightful location for a vacation. Quiet and green, it is offers you a gorgeous beach on the Atlantic Ocean. While there are several adorable cabin rental options for staying, camping is the best way to enjoy this lovely place. The Myrtle Beach Pier is a great place for fishing, if you want to enjoy some freshly caught fish or crab for your meals. Offering a number of interactive natural history displays, aquariums and reptile displays, it is a great place to bring your little ones too.
- Hawaii – Although not a very cheap vacation option, Hawaii is the ultimate beach destination in the US. It is a tropical paradise with some of the most stunning beaches you will ever witness. The white sands, crystal clear blue waters and rich cultural diversity makes it an amazing vacation destination. You can enjoy a number of activities such as water sports, hiking, biking, walking, and snorkeling with sharks, volcano tours and so much more. Or you could simply spend a lazy vacation at one of its many stunning beaches; enjoy cocktails, massages, spa and its lovely resorts. With some of the best yoga retreats in US, it is also a great place for a soul searching or fitness journey.
In a Nutshell…
If you thought you needed to plan an expensive and long trip to enjoy a nice and relaxing beach vacation, you are absolutely mistaken. These amazing beach destinations right in USA will offer you top-notch vacation options and activities for an exciting trip.