In a perfect world, an engaged couple could have a mostly smooth and happy time while planning their wedding. A popularly accepted cliché assumes that one half of the couple is in ultimate control and the other half is just going to go along with it. In fact, that might be the case about 15% of the time. To be blunt, planning your wedding might involve a few uncomfortable moments.
Your wedding should reflect the two of you (and maybe include your children, if you have them!). You’re forming a family and all aspects of that should be celebrated. Here are our suggestions for working together and finding compromise a little better:
- Listen to your partner. Actually, hear what they want to incorporate into the wedding and take it seriously. This is a wonderful practice for the next 50 years.
- Get creative. Do you have two different tastes? Do you want a rustic feel and your partner wants something more modern? You can mesh those ideas to create one cohesive, eye-catching design. Remember that mashups are in right now and people are going to be really impressed with how stylish you are.
- Play With Giving and Take. If you can’t find a middle ground, split the big decisions between you. If you really want a certain venue that your partner doesn’t like, you’re going to have to be willing to give up an important decision to them. This means that if they want to have a nerf war during the reception, let them. It actually might be fun!
- Make a firm decision. Once the two of you make a decision, consider it done. Don’t try to change things after the fact, especially if your partner doesn’t know about it. That will only cause more problems. Own this decision and present a united front.
- Look forward. If you didn’t get your way, that’s okay. You have the rest of your marriage to have moments where you get your way. Your wedding is a special day, but it’s just one of many special days to come.
- Organize Your Life. There is are big difference in before and after marriage life. You become more responsible, family person and busy after marriage. Whereas you have more freedom and alone thoughts before marriage. So you have organized your life again.
- Romance. Many couples complain their partner was more romantic and caring before marriage but now they care less and romance less. It may be due to lack of time and boredom in life. So keep a balance in your work and personal life.
- Listening, Telling, and Adjusting is the secret of a successful and happy relationship. If you have these habits and qualities, you can save your relationship for a life-long. Most women have to do more compromise with their partners.
These are some tips to compromise with your beloved one without losing yourself. Your more suggestion and tips are welcome, share below in the comments.