A logo is a unique identity, image, and perception of a business and company. A logo can help to recognize your brand from the list of similar businesses. A logo is a symbol, graphic mark, or emblem that is used to promote and aid public recognition and identification. It may be of a figurative, abstract design or include the letter of the company name that represents it as in a wordmark.
Most businesses and brands have unique logos which help them to grab the customer’s attention, make a strong impression, brand identity, memorable, and separate you from the competition as it is a face of a company. The logos with a simple design reflect the brand’s value, easy to rememberable, and convey a clear message to the audience.
Your company or business logo must be attractive and appealing so that you can print it on your product labels, and add it to your website, social media, and banners. Either you can think and design it yourself or take a logo designer’s help. There are many types of logos such as the benefits of text logos, graphically designed logos, letter logos, emblems, pictorial marks, monogram logos, abstract logo marks, mascot logos, and combination marks. So which type of logo will be the best for your business?
Text Logo vs Graphic Symbol Logo – Which Is Better for Brand
Here we will talk about text logos and pictorial mark logos. Which is more appealing and genuine.
As the name suggests that the company or brand name is written in the text using different fonts and styles. Text logo is also known as word marks. Many big brands use text-based logos such as Amazon, Tesla, Coca-Cola, FedEx, Canon, IBM, Fila, Subway, Sony, Panasonic, Philips, Acer, Apex, CNN, Zara, Disney, and more.
- Text logos are easy to create as you just need to write the exact brand name in the text format.
- Due to its simplicity, people can easily understand and read the brand name on the product labels and banners.
- The name becomes catchy and memorable when you combined it with strong typography.
- It is also considered unique as you write the company name which is already different than others.
A pictorial logo is a symbolic icon or graphic-based logo. It is probably the photo that comes to mind when somebody thinks. A creative and well-aware mind can think and create this type of logo. Apple, Twitter, Nike, Adidas, Pepsi, Dominos, Audi, Ferrari, Puma, OnePlus, Chanel, and Target are some good examples of pictorial marks or graphic symbol logos.
- Pictorial logos are eye-catchy and express your ideas more strongly than text.
- You need a creative mind to think and design a pictorial mark brand logo. A few people get successful to create such kinds of logos.
- People could only recognize well-known brands which they have already seen. So the brands also have to write their business names below the graphic symbol logo.
- You also have to do trademark registration to protect the logo against its unauthorized use by 3rd parties.