A lot of parents struggle with getting their babies to sleep. It is disappointing and irritating to understand the reason behind it. Also, it’s vital to get the rest you want.
Reasons why your baby doesn’t sleep enough
Reason 1: Your Baby Is Too Excited About Life
Some babies are just too excited about life and can’t help but be active during the day. This can make it difficult for them to get enough sleep at night. Try calming your baby down before bedtime by reading a book or singing to him.
Reason 2: Your Baby Is Not Comfortable Sleeping In their New Bed
If your baby is not comfortable sleeping in his new bed, try changing his sheets or mattress to see if that makes a difference. If that doesn’t work, you might have to get him another bed.
Reason 3: You Are Keeping them Up Too Late
At Night If you’re keeping your baby up too late at night, try to limit his bedtime to around 7 pm. This will assist him with getting sufficient rest and try not to be worn out during the day.
Reason 4: You Are Feeding them Too Many Caffeine-Based Drinks
If your baby is drinking caffeine-based drinks throughout the day, it can affect his sleep cycle. Try limiting his intake of these drinks before bedtime to see if that helps him get more restful hours of sleep.
Reason 5: He’s Had a Cold or Other Virus
If your baby is having trouble sleeping because he’s been sick, try giving him a bath before bedtime to help him relax. You can also try soothing bath salts or lavender oil.
Tips for keeping babies secure in cots
You can choose a cot or bed for keeping babies secure. It is vital to guard your child in their bunk. The following are a couple of things that you can do to help:
- Ensure the bunk or cot is set in a protected area. You should never place your baby in a dangerous or unsafe situation. If the baby feels secure, they sleep peacefully.
- Make sure the cot is properly secured to the wall or floor. You should use either an attachment system or a safety belt to ensure that your baby remains safe while sleeping.
- Keep any sharp objects away from the cot and baby. You should not allow any knives, scissors, or other sharp objects near the cot or baby.
- Make sure the room is dark and quiet when your baby is sleeping. Darkness is an important factor for good sleep, as because in night or darkness, the human body releases melatonin pigment, which promotes sleep naturally. So, always make sure that the baby’s room’s light is OFF during sleeping time.
- Watch out for your child consistently while they are in their cot.
Getting your child to rest is fundamental for their wellbeing and prosperity. If they are not sleeping enough, try some of these solutions to help them get more restful hours of sleep.