Have you at any point seen a yellowish shading on your toenail? Then be aware, that it’s just not a color, it’s a fungus, which occurs at the toenail. These kinds of nail fungi are very harmful to nails, especially toenails.
Nail fungus or Toenail Fungus is a condition where the nails of the toe finger start becoming light yellowish in color. That yellow or white color occurred due to fungus which deposited and made them much thicker, yellow, and weakened. If not treated, it can affect the skin around the infected nail.
Sometimes, they cured themselves or sometimes needed to see a doctor. More about treatment, we explained further in the article.
Does Toenail Fungus Go Away? If not, Is It Dangerous?
Toenail Fungus does not go away itself if you left it untreated. It will spread more and can eventually destroy your nail.
Sometimes toenail Fungus rarely goes away on its own. But if you see any serious symptoms and you are not treating it with proper care, it will worsen. The danger of fungus will spread to other nails or spread through your body. It will lead to a problem while walking. It is tough to get rid of this as it gets into and in between the skin layers of the toenail.
Symptoms of Toenail Fungus
There are various symptoms by which you can recognize this condition.
- Color variation occurs, white to yellow or sometimes brown coloration.
- If the patient is suffering from nail fungus disease, then nails become much thickened and deformed shape.
- Nails become solid with a brittle texture.
- Smell Dirty
- Due to fungus deposition, there is some dark color debris deposited under the toenail.
Causes of Toenail Fungus
This is a fungal infection and commonly involved fungus is dermatophyte. Nail fungus diseases are caused by harmful yeasts and molds. There is no specific age for this infection, as it can occur at any age. Most old-age people are infected by this fungus infection.
How to take care of your toenails?
- Wash your feet and toes properly between the fingers.
- Change the habit of keeping your nails enlarged, trim, and keep them clean.
- Use nail cutters to cut your nails in the proper manner.
- Don’t use chemicals to clean or decorate your nail, as these chemicals can block the nail space, which increases the chances of more fungus deposition.
Toenail Fungus Treatment
The treatment of toenail fungus infection includes various treatment options. Patients can choose any option according to their infection seriousness.
Various treatment options include:
- Use of topical creams prescribed by the doctors.
- Proper use of topical nail lacquer.
- Antifungal tablets/ pills are prescribed by doctors.
- If the infection persists, then laser treatment is considered to be the best treatment to cure toenail fungus. In this treatment, doctors eliminate the infected nail or surrounding infected skin.
When to need a doctor’s consultation?
Mostly Fungus diseases are easily treated by themselves. So don’t become a doctor by yourself, just contact toenail fungus treatment in Singapore or visit a nearby clinic to treat this infection.
Look hard and long at your nail and the skin around your toenails consistently, something like one time each month. Watch for changes in shading, colors, and surface, as well as cuts or harm. If anything hurts? On the off chance that your side effects don’t improve or deteriorate, Then, visit a doctor for proper treatment.