Tired of shaving every alternate day? Are waxing sessions too painful to endure? Well, you are in need of a more permanent hair removal solution! Today, be it a man or woman, almost everyone has joined the league to parade beauty and glamour; the inclination towards physical attractiveness is much higher like never before. In such a scenario, flaunting unwanted body hair in front of the world is so not a pleasing sight.
Let’s speak some truth. Body hair, at least for women, is considered to be more of a masculine trait, something to feel disconcerted about. Feminine grace is supposed to be more soft, gentle, and of course, hairless on the body! For this reason, women nowadays are switching to a more permanent solution to bid adieu to body hair woes and look beautiful without pain.
Have you guessed it yet what it is?
Laser hair removal.
Laser hair removal, over time, has achieved increasing popularity namely for its effective and long-term results, high speed, and precision. The best part of this treatment is, it is painless. That’s right, as soon as the laser beam penetrates deep into the hair follicles and starts destroying them, you’ll feel slightly uncomfortable and maybe a tingling sensation for a few minutes. And then? You have a perfectly hairless and bikini-ready body!
As a viable alternative to the pangs of shaving, tweezing, and waxing, laser hair removal treatment is certainly worthwhile. But the question is, do you know how to get the most out of your laser hair removal treatment?
I have compiled a few vital steps that’ll help you benefit the most from your laser hair removal sessions.
- Get it from qualified professionals ONLY – Needless to say, availing of laser hair removal treatment from a certified professional can only provide you with excellent results. The efficacy of laser hair removal is also in the hands of the professional who is conducting this treatment. Don’t forget, laser hair removal is a medical process that requires adequate skill, training, and experience. So, do your research and avail laser hair removal from a reputable clinic that houses only certified professionals.
- Don’t go unless it grows – Did you know that laser hair removal is dissatisfying if your body hair is too short? According to almost all laser doctors, you should not trim or remove hair from the target areas where you want to be laser treated. Ideally, you should refrain from trying any kind of hair temporary removal methods approximately six weeks prior to a session. The main reason is that in this treatment, the laser directly targets the hair root (including the follicle). On removal of this root follicle, it renders the whole treatment ineffective. To rephrase it, say NO to waxing, shaving, and tweezing six weeks before your laser hair removal session!
- Don’t befriend the sun: Sun can be your best friend during the freezing winter months but before and after laser hair removal, no way! An important tip to maximize the effects of this treatment is to avoid exposure to the sun, six weeks before and after each session. The reason? Because when the UV rays of the sun hit your skin, the entire laser hair removal process can be rendered inefficient. Moreover, it could lead to unwanted complications and delay the recovery time too.
- Listen to your doctor: How else do you expect to enhance your laser hair removal effects other than following your doctor’s advice? Your doctor has the best understanding of how to address your condition and contrive the right after-care practices. Thus, adhere to your doctor’s recommendations strictly to make the most of your laser hair removal treatment.
- Maintain your treatment schedule: A treatment like a laser hair removal cannot be completed in one session itself. The number of sessions required varies and corresponds to the area where the treatment is done. For example: facial hair requires a session every 4-6 weeks while for body hair, it is between 6-8 weeks. However, these numbers are not constant; your doctor will decide how many sessions and at what time gap you need. And your job is to maintain the scheduled sessions accordingly.
Soft, smooth, and hair-free skin is desired by all and you may get it by shaving, waxing, or tweezing, but that’s temporary happiness. But should you seek to part your way with body hair permanently, laser hair removal is the only worthwhile solution. And oh! don’t forget the above-mentioned pointers because they are a surefire way to make the most of your treatment.