Nail polish is a girl’s best friend. It can make your fingers and toes look fabulous in minutes! But what if you don’t have time to go to the salon or spend hours at home trying to paint your nails? What if you want different yet gorgeous, long-lasting nails that are simple and easy? Explore the world of professional nails from the comfort of your own home. This article will share ten amazing at-home manicure tips from a nail pro that will help you achieve beautiful nails without all the fuss.
Tip # 1:
Start with a clean canvas. This means washing your hands and nails thoroughly before starting your manicure. Use soap and water, followed by a good quality hand moisturizer.
Tip # 2:
- Shape your nails using a nail file.
- Use the correct file for the shape of your nails – there are many different shapes and sizes to choose from.
- If you are unsure which shape is best for you, ask your nail technician.
Tip # 3:
Apply a base coat. This will help your nails look brighter and keep the polish on for longer. It is also important to apply a base coat if you are using any glitter or metallic polish, as it will help the glitter stick to your nails.
Tip # 4:
Apply two coats of nail polish, allowing each coat to dry completely in-between applications. If you use a dark or bright color, it is best to apply three coats for maximum coverage.
Tip # 5:
Finish with a topcoat. This will help your nails look shiny and protect them from chipping or smudging. The nails need special care in the winter.
Tip # 6:
Apply cuticle oil to the skin surrounding your fingernails every night before bedtime. This will keep them hydrated, soft, and healthy-looking. Some people find it easier to apply oil if they put on cotton gloves and leave them on overnight.
Tip # 7:
Use a buffer to buff your nails every week or two. This will remove any dead skin cells and help keep your nails looking healthy.
Tip # 8:
If you have problems with chipping or peeling polish, try using a base coat that contains hardeners. This will help your nails to stay strong and less prone to chipping.
Tip # 9:
Try to avoid using your nails as tools. This means no opening up paint cans or breaking open that frustratingly stubborn jar of pickles! If you must use your nails for this task, be sure to apply a nail strengthener first and file them down afterward, so they don’t get too jagged.
Tip # 10:
If you want to achieve a professional finish, use an orange stick dipped in polish remover to clean up the edges of your nails after applying each coat of color. This will give them a sharp and smooth edge that looks salon-worthy!
- If you are having problems with your nails peeling, try using a cuticle remover to soften the skin around your nails.
- Be sure to use a good quality nail polish remover that does not contain acetone. Acetone can be very harsh on your nails and cause them to become dry and brittle.
- If you want to save money while having long-lasting nails, try a DIY nail kit. Many affordable kits are available that will let you create professional-looking nails at home.
We hope these tips have helped and that you now feel confident to give yourself beautiful nails at home! Remember, practice makes perfect, so don’t be afraid to experiment with different colors and techniques. And most importantly, enjoy your beautifully-manicured nails!