So you are probably reading this because you’re thinking about getting your teeth fixed.
Well, most people think that there’s only one answer to these problems… Braces.
But you can do that without the need to get metal braces covering up your teeth and stopping you from eating what you love.
However, there are many types of treatments that can deliver…
One of these treatments is Invisalign. Here’s everything you need to know about it…
What is Invisalign?
“Invisalign” is a removable transparent flexible plastic retainer. It gets attached to little bumps called “attachments” to hold the aligner in place. They’re tiny and designed to blend with your teeth (so they aren’t visible).
Invisalign treats dental problems and gradually aligns your teeth together over time. Actually, the aligner and attachments work and move together to move your teeth slowly back to their original position and leave you with an elegant smile.
All you need to do to get the job done correctly is wearing the Invisalign for 20-22 hours a day. Sounds like a lot. But that’s the price of a beautiful and charming smile.
However, there’s no need to worry. You can take it off throughout the day when you eat, drink, or if you have a special occasion but just for a few hours!
Invisalign promises patients to get all natural-looking teeth and smiles that everyone dreams of having.
Normal Braces VS Invisalign, Who is Your Fighter?
With this simple comparison, you will hopefully come up with a decision after reading the pros and cons of each…
(First, You need to know that they are both great, do the same job, and are almost of the same price. However, they do their job in different ways).
Let’s get to know the pros and cons of both now, shall we?
They use metal brackets that get glued on to every tooth. They are attached with a nickel-titanium wire and latex or non-latex rubber. Those brackets are annoying for many people because every time you smile for a picture, you will feel like there’s a train chain in your mouth. They could be fun and colorful for some but very annoying for many others.
- They move your teeth into the right position to give you that charming smile.
- Normal braces are our old and reliable fighters who have proved to be effective throughout the years.
- They work pretty quickly to align your teeth, they could be a bit faster than Invisalign in some cases. However, some may look for results rather than speed, right?
- The treatment period differs from one person to another, but they have to be your companion throughout this whole process of getting braces.
You can’t even remove them for one second, which might be annoying and painful. However, this irremovable aspect is wonderful if you are dealing with kids or teenagers. Our cute little fellows always take the braces tray off to let the soreness go away and then get them back again. That’s not good if you want to get quick and perfect results. In this case, normal braces work like magic with the little ones.
- Say goodbye to your yummy snacks with normal braces. Eating those snacks will be a nightmare for you because they will get stuck in your braces and give you a hard time cleaning them off. Trust me. You won’t like it at all.
- Another problem with normal braces is the mouth guards that athletes use. If you are an athlete, go for Invisalign now because it’s more convenient for you, champ!
There will be little bumps in a few places on your teeth. But don’t worry, once you put the aligner, you won’t be able to see them anymore.
- Invisalign treatment works with the system of slow movements to give you the best results. They could be slower or faster than normal braces depending on the person. However, the final result you get with Invisalign will be stunning and will make you forget the whole process.
- It is way more comfortable and less sharp than normal braces, which makes it easier for you to sleep. You know how annoying it is to get poked by those metal brackets, so you might want to go for Invisalign to forget this pain.
- Cleaning Invisalign trays is actually very easy, but be careful and clean them thoroughly. You don’t want to have that cheese smelly mouth because of the lack of cleaning.
- Just like its name implies, it’s actually invisible. It’s designed to blend in with the natural color of your teeth. So don’t worry about posting that beautiful selfie of yours with a big smile.
- Hey athletes! Welcome to a world where you can wear your mouth guards while still wearing your Invisalign. Protect yourself while doing sport without any worries.
- Aesthetically speaking, Invisalign braces are way more appealing than braces. And let’s face it, if you choose to use any of the two, you’re sticking with it for a good while. Above all, Invisalign is the removable type of braces, so put them in and pop them out whenever you need to (like when you eat or drink). However, you need to be a responsible person and try to keep them for 20 hours a day at least.
- Don’t worry about the expenses because both types of braces cost almost the same.
Now that you know the pros and cons of each, you can make an educated decision.
9 Things to Do for an Easy and Healthy Invisalign Life.
- Clean your aligners very well before using them from the inside and outside.
- Wash your hands, then wear your Invisalign.
- Use a soft brush to clean the aligners.
- Never use denture cleaner or mouthwash on aligners.
- When inserting your Invisalign, use your fingertips to gently push it over into place to avoid any damage.
- Don’t bite your aligners into position because that might damage them too.
Wear your Invisalign consistently if you want them to do their job perfectly.
- Only take them out when you want to eat or drink to avoid staining them.
- Clean your teeth very well every time you take the aligners off before you put them back again.
Following these simple guidelines will help you to improve and fasten your treatment to get that smile that shines among million stars.