We go through acquiring two sets of teeth that we attain during our life. Parents are always worried about from the beginning when the first little tooth cuts through their gums and till the last tooth get shed at the age of 12 years. Each kid experiences the eruption and shedding of their teeth beginning from 6 months to 12 years of age.
Almost every child goes through the process of shedding their teeth around the age of 6. Hidden in the jaw of the newborn baby, kids generally obtain a full set of baby teeth or milk teeth at the age of 3. In contrast, adults generally obtain a full set of adult teeth by the age of 13, though wisdom teeth keep on slowly erupting throughout early adulthood.
Eruption of kids’ teeth
Eruption or teething is the process of the tooth breaking through the gum line.
- The first tooth usually erupts a lower jaw Central Incisors or middle teeth that appear around the age of 6 months, followed by upper jaw Central Incisors teeth at the age of 8-12 months.
- Lateral Incisor teeth of the upper jaw in kids begin the teething process at 9-13 months.
- Lower jaw Lateral Incisor teeth of kids’ erupt between 10-16 months of age.
- Canine teeth of both the upper and lower jaw are pointed teeth.
- Lower jaw Canine erupts out at the age of 17-23 months, whereas upper jaw Canine begins teething in kids between 16-22 months.
- After Canine First and Second molar begins its teething process in the upper jaw and lower jaw. Four First-molar completes the teething process in the middle of the 13-19 months, whereas the Four Second-molar executes their eruption process between 25-33 months.
The time difference of eruption of the teeth on the upper jaw from the lower jaw is that it usually begins the teething process two months after the lower jaw.
Shedding of kids’ teeth
Shedding process in kids begins at the age of 6. First, the baby teeth become wobbly and then fall out after few days to make passage for adult teeth. Yes, it is a normal process that is memorable for every kid. Parents should reassure their child that there is nothing to worry about falling teeth and it is natural for gums to bleed during the process.
- All Central Incisors teeth of kid upper and lower jaw begin and end their shedding procedure between 6-7 years.
- Canine teeth at children’s lower and upper jaw begin falling out process 9-12 years of age.
- Four First molar teeth fall out when the kid is between 9-11 years of age.
- Four Second molar teeth erupt out and leave a space for adult teeth between 10-12 years.
There is a difference in the eruption and shedding process in every child. In some children, it may begin and end a few months later, and in some, it may execute earlier. It would help if you taught your children not to worry about the shedding of teeth and helped them learn how to maintain oral hygiene. If you, too, are concerned about your kid’s teeth, you can consult las vegas pediatric dentists.