Hair loss or Androgenetic Alopecia can directly harm the confidence of any man or woman because it is one of the visible parts of the human body that relates to psychological aspects. Recovering hair, however, is seen to be an excellent reason for building confidence in people and increasing self-esteem.
The one thing each of you suffering from the condition need to look after is the way you deal with hair loss. While some of you might want to opt for off the counter chemicals that claim to recover the hair, others might opt for something like the transplant surgery.
If you are looking for a permanent solution without any side effects, the best way to treat Androgenetic Alopecia is by going for a hair transplant surgery in India under experts. But first, there are a few things which you need to consider before going for the same.
Things to Consider Before Hair Transplant Surgery
Surgery such as hair transplants can make or break the way you look and thus, you should be very careful about your final decision for the surgery. Some of the common factors you should be considering before going for the surgery are:
1. Genetics: If you are surrounded by people in their fifties or sixties suffering from receding hairline and are wondering, seeing your own, how you have reached that stage so young, then there is the answer. Inheritance. Hair loss is a genetic disorder (thus, the name Andro-GENETIC Alopecia) and so, even if you are facing balding in a certain area right now, and go for transplant surgery, in the future, you may face the same thing in another area, prompting you to go for another surgery.
2. Optimum Recovery Time: Now, if you are going for the surgery, remember that the recovery time after the transplant, following which you can get back to work as before is not too much. You may want to take a week off, any which way, to get acquainted with the fact that you have the surgery and try avoiding alcohol in the meanwhile. However, also note that the surgery is an outpatient procedure and thus you would be able to go home the day you have had the surgery.
3. Pain Related to the Procedure: A lot of people have this misconception that transplant surgery is painful. Well, the correct professional for the job would first apply a local anesthetic to numb the area before going in with the transplant surgery. This allows the patient to be awake the entire time and not feel any pain at all.
4. Session Duration: Each of these hair transplant surgery sessions may go on for a few hours, depending on the condition of the scalp and the number of grafts to be implanted. This, along with the kind of technology used to perform the procedure, and the density the patient is looking for, can give you a rough idea of the amount that would be taken for such a procedure. Having said that, an approximate surgery can take up four or five hours at the most, and since this is an outpatient procedure, the patient will be bandaged around the head for safekeeping and then released immediately.
5. Natural Results: The whole process of the transplant depends on the natural hair growth of the person. Once the healthy hair follicles are taken from the safe donor area and then transplanted to the balding site, the hair growth rate depends on person to person. It takes the normal course of time (Anagen-Catagen-Telogen) and you would be able to see the first sign of results in just a few months. By the end of the year, you will see a head full of hair. However, you must keep in mind that immediately following the treatment, you may experience some shedding, which is completely natural, and should not be confused with bad surgery. Only if the shedding persists after a few weeks and you do not see any results at all, a doctor should be contacted.
Who is the best doctor for the procedure?
Now that you are aware of the various factors that need to be kept in mind when you are thinking of going for transplant surgery, let us go on and understand the qualifications of the ideal doctor for the same. It is always recommended that you visit someone who is affiliated with international boards associated with hair restoration and transplants. This is because such doctors would have updated news about the recent procedures and techniques for the treatment and how to use the same.
One of the most reputable institutions for transplant surgeons is the ABHRS (American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery). Along with this, the doctor should also be experienced and must have performed more than a few successful surgeries in the past. This will also give you an idea about the expertise of the doctor.
As you choose the ideal surgeon, do not miss checking his or her team and the facilities available at the hospital to know that the doctor would be able to handle all the nitty-gritty of the procedure. In India, Saraswat Hospital is widely known for the exceptional transplant services given to the patients. The hospital is equipped with the latest technology and uses modern equipment for the procedure. The two heads are both certified by ABHRS and can provide a customized treatment plan for each patient.
As a Gold Medalist plastic surgeon who also has MBBS, MS, M.Ch, and DNB degrees to his credit, Dr. Satya Saraswat has 17 years of experience in the field. Dr. Preeti Saraswat, on the other hand, is a Clinical Cosmetologist with a specialization in laser treatments.
Hair Transplant Surgery is one of the most commonly asked for aesthetic surgeries in the world and you must always ensure that you have the best consultation before going in for the same. Should you want to know more about the surgery or get in touch with professionals to answer all your queries regarding the same beforehand.