The breathtaking city of Bristol is known for its rich history and diverse economy. From being a leader in trade in the old days, Bristol has evolved into becoming a centre for the manufacturing, aerospace, information technology, defence, media, financial services, and tourism industries.
Because of this, and the fact that Bristol was once named one of the best places in the UK, thousands of people were reported to have moved into Bristol from London, just in the last year alone.
If you are planning on moving into Bristol in the near future, you should be prepared for the fact that moving into a new home can be a physically, emotionally, and mentally draining endeavour. That is why many people choose to hire relocation service providers to help them do the job instead.
Many are still sceptical to the essence of such, though. To these people, hiring a professional removals company is nothing but an unnecessary expense, as there is always the option of doing the job yourself. However, that is not always the case.
Benefits Of Hiring A House Removals Company
If you are thinking, “I don’t hire someone else to help me move house! My friends and I are perfectly capable of doing the job ourselves,” here are some of the best reasons as to why a house removals company in Bristol is essential to your big move!
As already mentioned, moving is a very stressful task. However, with the help of a removals company, you can relax for the following reasons:
- Your belongings are in good, trusted hands. There is no one else you can trust to take care of your belongings more than a house removals company.
- You wouldn’t have to lift a single finger on moving day! They will do all the hard work and heavy lifting for you.
- You won’t have to drive a large moving truck, thus saving yourself from a lot of nerves and anxiety. Phew!
Do remember, though, that the process of moving house is innately stressful. Not even the best removals company can completely save you from that. However, they will, at the very least, ease whatever stress you are feeling by sharing the burden with you.
You Can Trust That Your Belongings Are Safe and Secure
A good number of removals companies are able to offer full and comprehensive relocation services, and that includes the disassembly, packing, unpacking, and arranging of your things. If you choose to avail of this, you are saving yourself from the hassles of packing and unpacking altogether!
Aside from this, you can trust that your removals team will include skilled and experienced packers. That means you wouldn’t have to deal with your belongings or your car getting damaged, as they will be able to pack your stuff properly and efficiently. Valuable art pieces and antiques are also no feat for most professional movers.
Moreover, most removals companies will offer basic transit insurance for the items handled by their crew. So, in the event that some of your stuff does get damaged, you will be fairly compromised for the repair or replacement.
With that being said, here are some things you have to remember:
- It would be best if you packed and transported valuable and fragile items yourself. While professional movers are generally trustworthy, nothing beats the peace of mind that comes with knowing just exactly where these things are. Here are some tips for packing and wrapping items for a home move.
- For these kinds of things, though, note that your mover’s transit insurance will not cover any items you pack and move.
- As an additional form of coverage, provide your movers with a list of items you will be asking them to pack and transport. Also, let them know of any items that will need to be handled with extra care.
- Before you move, find out what the maximum amount the insurance will cover. You will also want to know what items can and cannot be covered by the moving company’s transit insurance.
- If you think it is necessary, there is nothing wrong with purchasing additional transit insurance for your belongings.
Professional Movers Are Quick and Efficient
If you are moving on a tight schedule, or are rushing to get things done as soon as possible, a removals company may just be able to help you out. Because professional movers are quick and efficient, they can get you out of your old home and into your new place in no time!
Having quick and efficient movers is also a good thing when you don’t want to endure a long, sweaty day of hauling heavy boxes and huge, bulky furniture!
Moving-related Injuries Will Be The Least Of Your Worries
While it doesn’t seem like it, trying to move huge and bulky items without proper technique may result in the following injuries:
- Back pain
- Muscle strain
- Inguinal hernia.
- Small injuries on the extremities
- Knee and joint pain
While such injuries can easily be avoided with some common sense and a couple of safety precautions, you can eliminate even the possibility of getting injured by letting a professional do the hard work and all the heavy lifting instead.
You Can Minimise Your Moving Expenses
Hiring a removals company may actually help you minimise your overall removals costs. Think it’s unlikely? Well, think again!
By hiring a removals company, you won’t have to worry about the following expenses, as they are almost always already covered by your movers’ professional fees:
- Moving truck rental and fuel costs.
- Purchase of packing materials. Packing your items yourself may also cost you more on packing materials as chances are, you will not be able to pack your belongings as efficiently as a professional would.
- Repair or replacement of damaged items.
That means you may not always be truly saving money by choosing to perform a house removal yourself. Rather, you may be just redirecting your money towards other things that would have otherwise been already included in your mover’s fees.
Ready To Book Your Removals Company?
Are you ready to book a removals company for your move to Bristol? Do not forget to compare multiple removals companies to get the best deals possible! Meanwhile, if you are looking for ways to make moving easier, you may check this out!