If your marriage has been in a tailspin, you and your partner may be considering divorce. But it is never too late to turn your marriage around. Changing yourself and the nature of your relationship would help you to recover a fulfilling and happy marriage. One should know their partner well, this is the reason whichever marriage bureau you go for a profile, ask your specification and talk about compatibility and connectivity.
Your partner fell in love with an emotionally happy balanced person. If you have been exhausted by conflict in the relationship or no longer feel your relationship is salvageable, take a back step.
- If you expect the worst from your partner, you are more likely to focus and see your conflicts and danger. Try to be attentive to positive, subtle changes in how you and your partner interact.
- Your happiness must not be dependent on the other person. Focus on being the best you could be, even if your partner is not.
Hear your partner carefully
Honest and open communication is vital for a good marriage. Listen carefully when your spouse comes to you with concerns or problems about your relationship. Being attentive in communication would help you to understand what is making things unhappy and give you a chance to take action.
- If your partner is using abusive language, belittling, or refusing to engage in conversation, let them know how the behaviour makes you feel alone, hopeless, and dejected.
- If you have queries regarding what you could do to make your partner satisfied and happier, you must feel free to ask them.
Be a flexible person
Do not demand that everything be done by your method. Marriage is a cooperative partnership. Neither of you would get your way every time. If you and your spouse have different ideas and goals.
- Let certain things go. The situation in which you wanted chicken but your partner wanted soup, or you wanted to see a play but he was precisely on going to the ball game.
- Have a conversation, not a monologue. Hear your partner and expect that she or he would listen to you.
- Being flexible does not mean your spouse must walk all over you. There were times when the decision not to make concessions was the correct one.
Practice healthy conversation
Only talk to your partner when you are in a state and mood appropriate to do so. Never yell at your partner. If you feel angry on your part or your partner’s spouse, suggest that you both take some time out to cool off and resume the conversation later.
- Communicate only while you are rested and sober.
- Avoid trigger talks, problems, and issues that lead you and your partner to bicker.
- Spend time together and share your daily happenings.
Make a time equilibrium: Gurgaon matrimony says a happy couple must spend time together as well as apart. Catch a play, or movie, or go bowling- whatever it is you both have to enjoy doing, do it together.