As per Johnsen, stones in the Garden look like a player. Stones aren’t the biggest liability; they beautify the gardens. They create contrast with the plants.
This article will describe the seven most used stones in the home garden. We will enlighten you about the stones and different ways to use them in your Garden.
7 Stones that every home garden should have
Stones or pebbles are small round pieces of rock that appear in different shapes and sizes. They are generally found near water bodies. They are also manufactured by breaking rocks into tiny pieces. Below we are listing 7 of those kinds of stones that will cherish your garden.
- White Pebbles: If you want to give a relaxing aesthetic vibe to your Garden, then this is the pebble you are searching for. They appeal best in the Garden as they complement the natural colors of the plant. They are formed with the help of white marble rocks.
- River Pebbles: They decorate gardens, fish aquariums, and house interiors. They originate from the flowing of water in a river. The shape is almost circular. We highly recommend you use this stone for decorating your Garden.
- Polished Pebbles: They are high in demand as they look very attractive and make the place looks more alluring. People use them in flooring gardens. They are also used in designing many café areas, private homes, or terraces.
- Granite Pebbles: They are generally used for ornamental purposes. They are also used in many nature-friendly places like garden areas flower loaded balconies.
- Quartz Pebblesoriginated in igneous rocks or through the geothermal waters. After the magma, a hot liquid rock below the earth’s surface cools down to form the quartz.
- Black Pebbles: This stone is found near the beaches or seashores. They are used to make the plant presentable.
- Colored Stones: These stones help to give a jolly look to your garden. You can use the stones near the colorful flower pots. They are also used to decorate the interior of homes.
Why use Pebbles or stones in the Garden?
There are reasons to use Pebbles or stones in the Garden. It is not only about beauty. Various other reasons give a plus 1 to use stones in the Garden.
- They work as a safeguard for the soil.
- Stones help the plant live longer, and they are not damaged easily.
- Stones hold the soil together and do not allow it to get eroded by the rain.
- Many pebbles help people to walk comfortably in the Garden.
Where to use stones in the Garden?
You cannot litter or place the natural stone in any place in your Garden. The certain places to keep stones in the Garden include:
- You can fill the empty spots in the ground of the Garden with these stones.
- You can place them in the Plant pots.
- You can place them near the corners of a pond or the sitting area to give a highlighting view.
- If you know Yard Art, you can use them wisely to create a catchy view.
Having different types of stones in the Garden will keep the soil safe and loaded and enhance its beauty. To keep the beauty the same, you are recommended to clean the stones with pH-neutral cleaning solutions. You should not use any acid-based cleaning products as they damage the natural color and shine of the stones.